Friday 2 July 2010

Who are the Math Salamanders ?

Hi - my name is Crispin. I am a Mathematics Teacher and I teach kids aged mainly from 7 to 11 (though I have taught children at school as young as 5). I have been teaching Math for fifteen years now, and along with teaching my class I have also been a Math tutor, a leader of Math at my school and I have homeschooled my daughter in Math since she was about 4 years old (my wife Sally is in charge of all the other subjects!)

I have been interested in creating a Math website for some time now, as I love the subject of Math. I knew I would enjoy watching other people visiting the site and use the resources I had created. I also wanted the website to be about supporting parents in helping their child to learn Math.

My other wish was to create a site that our whole family could be part of. My wife is an artist and loves to draw and paint. My daughter, Flame, who is now 10, is also a talented artist and the Salamander logo that you find on all the worksheets and on the top and bottom of every web-page was designed by her.

I saw that there was an interest in Math worksheets and we all decided that it could be a website that we all contributed to. Almost all of the Kindergarten resources have been designed and created by my wife, along with all the graphics on our web-pages.

We hope you enjoy our website, and find our collection of free Math Worksheets printable useful. We welcome any comments on our blog.

Please read below to find out why we chose the theme of Salamanders!

http://www.math-salamanders.com/math-salamander.html

enjoy

The Math Salamanders

No comments:

Post a Comment